A two day (3 night) photography workshop and course in the beautiful alpine region of Slovenia –
Join me on one of my spring photography workshops in the stunning alpine region of Slovenia. We’ll visit two beautiful glacial lakes: Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj, and travel through stunning alpine valleys and mountain vistas, visit waterfalls, rapids and gorges. We’ll photograph lovely castles and churches, on lakes, beside lakes and on hilltops, all with magnificent backdrops.
On this workshop you can photograph beautiful snowcapped mountains and blossoming trees in Spring. In May the colours are starting to change and the landscape is awash with different shades of green. We’ll visit Vintgar Gorge and learn how to capture fast flowing water effects, and, weather permitting, can also take the cable car up to Vogel Mountain to photograph the Bohinj Valley and Julian Alps from a stunning viewpoint. In Slovenia there is a church on nearly every hilltop, and all mountain views come with one. On one day we’ll start with the famous Jamnik Church at dawn, then move on to some other lesser known gems.
We will be based at Lake Bled. The course will begin on the afternoon of the first day with a sunset and dusk shoot, then two full days from dawn to dusk and end on the evening of the last day. You’ll need to book your own accommodation for at least 3 nights, but I can help with recommendations.
- Workshop will include early mornings in order to catch the dawn and sunrise.
Small group (4 – 6)
|2½ (3 nights)||£395|
– Fri May 31st – Mon June 3rd
|2½ (3 nights)||£1195|
Available on request
Bespoke tours available upon request. Contact me for more info
Included in the price:
– All transport on workshop days
– All tuition and guidance
– Free ebook guide to photography
– Accommodation in Bled: 3 nights (I can help with recommendations if required)
– Flights (If coming from the UK I recommend Wizz Air, which flies from Luton to Ljubljana direct. Easyjet also flies direct from Gatwick and Stansted to Ljubljana. (Otherwise contact me for advice)
– Lunch and Dinner
– Vogel mountain cable car (if required depending on conditions)
– Travel insurance (Participants must ensure they have their own travel insurance)
– Camera (obviously), ideally SLR, but also bridge or advanced compacts may suit. (Contact me with your make and model for confirmation)
– Remote shutter release cable
– Warm clothes, sturdy shoes or boots and rain gear
Extra equipment desired but not necessary:
– Polarising filter
– Neutral density filter
– ND grad filters
– Laptop for processing
Bookings are now being taken. If you are interested then please fill out the form below.
If you are coming to Slovenia, check out Go Opti for shuttle transfers: