A free photography ebook with everything you need to know about taking photos.
Take your camera off auto and learn how to take control and get better photos than you ever did before.
In this downloadable free photography ebook, I have put together all the basics in a simple, practical and jargon-free way.
Shedding light on all the photography basics in one book.
Want to know how to take better photos? Well, first you need to master the basic techniques. Whether you are a complete beginner or an intermediate looking to improve your photography, this book is packed with photography techniques, tips and advice for beginners and intermediates.
All the camera functions and their effects explained.
Laid out in a simple, visual and easy to read format that is devoid of technical jargon, this free photography ebook helps you understand all the essentials such as:
- Shutter speed
- White balance
- Exposure compensation
- RAW vs Jpeg
The basic principles of photography
Using the knowledge and skills learned in this book, you can:
- Learn how to use shutter speed to avoid motion blur due to camera or subject movement. Or to intentionally blur moving subjects for creative effect.
- Learn about depth of field and how to use the aperture to make a subject stand out more in the photo or get more of the background in or out of focus.
- Learn what ISO is and how it affects your photos.
- Ever wondered why your photos are too red, or too blue? It’s probably because of white balance being set incorrectly. Learn how to set it correctly, and even use it for creative effect.
- Discover how direction of light affects how your photos look.
- Understand the exposure triangle and how each setting affects another.
- Measure the light to get the right exposure.
- See why your photos are too bright (overexposed) or too dark (underexposed)
- Learn how colours can fool the camera into underexposing or overexposing.
- Discover how using the exposure compensation button can be used to correct this.
- Understand the difference between file formats such as RAW, TIFF and JPEG.
- See how camera lenses work and understand the effects of wide angle and telephoto.
- Learn the art of focus and its effect on your photo.
- Understand the histogram and how you can use it to ensure the perfect exposure each time.
- Master the three camera modes and know when to use aperture priority (Av, A), shutter priority (Tv, S), or when to go to full manual mode (it’s not as often as some may have you believe).